Medic Now Recruitment Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms of website use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), Medic Now Recruitment Limited is the data controller at its registered offices. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office for data protection purposes under registration number Z3087342.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you in the following manner:
- Information (including personal data and sensitive personal data as referred to above) that you provide by completing and filling in such other forms on or through www.medicnow.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, information provided in an Application Form to register for work seeking services, uploading or otherwise submitting your CV, evidence of professional qualifications, personal identity documentation, medical health questionnaires, immunity certification, references and such other documentation and or material we request or may be required by law for us to obtain in connection with the provision of our recruitment services and the provision of your services to our clients.
- Information obtained when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our site.
- Records of any correspondence when you contact us.
- Information received through your completion of surveys that we request from you and use for research purposes whether to assist us or our clients, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your temporary contract assignments with us.
- Details of your visits to our site including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data (whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access.
- Information obtained on an anonymised basis to monitor compliance with our equal opportunities policy.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology]. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password
which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To create and maintain a database for the purposes of the provision of our recruitment services.
- To assess your suitability, qualifications and skills for potential, current and or future contract assignments or for any permanent work opportunities with our clients.
- To provide you with information, products or recruitment (and ancillary) services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contract for services entered into between you and us with respect to contract assignments.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our recruitment service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our recruitment services.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing registered work seeker or client, we will only contact you by electronic means (e- mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those recruitment services previously provided to you.
If you are a new registered work seeker or client, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to our clients in order that they may assess your suitability, qualifications and skills for any potential, current or future work opportunities, whether of a temporary or permanent nature.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Medic Now Recruitment Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of website use or terms and conditions of engagement of limited company contractors and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Medic Now Recruitment Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Updating your Information
You must ensure you inform us of any changes to your information (whether personal data or sensitive personal data) held within the candidate area to ensure that your information is always accurate and up to date. You may update your information from directly within the candidate area or you may write to Medic Now, 27 London End, Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire, HP9 2HN confirming the information that requires updating.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.