Are you looking for an Emergency Care or Urgent Care Practitioner role that offers long-term rota lines, excellent rates of pay and flexible shift times?
Medic Now is working with a well-established urgent healthcare organisation to source an Emergency Care or Urgent Care Practitioner for a Hampshire-based role.
Here’s what you need to know about the role
Within this role, you’ll be utilising your existing skills and experience to provide an efficient integrated service to patients. Working independently with patients on a telephone and/or face-to-face basis, you’ll deliver safe clinical decisions, take full medical histories, provide diagnoses and treatment, supply medication via PGDs and evaluate their care. Above all, as one of the client’s six core values, they really want you to enjoy what you do and have fun at work!
This role is located in various parts of Hampshire, including Cowplain, Sowton, Winchester, Andover and Gosport. Weekend, evening and overnight shifts are available.
What will your key responsibilities be?
- Taking histories, doing appropriate physical examinations and formulating differential diagnoses and carry through management treatment plans when working in a clinic or home visit environment.
- Putting a management plan in place which may require liaising with other healthcare professionals. This will require ensuring the patient has appropriate follow up appointments.
- Referring and facilitating patient pathways through appropriate referrals to primary, community, secondary and tertiary care.
- Using the direction of PGD’s to supply medication when appropriate.
- Taking an active role within the cross-disciplinary, multi-skilled team to ensure service quality in line with corporate goals and strategies and provide mentorship and support to junior staff when required.
- Recognising and highlighting any social needs or safeguarding concerns surrounding the patient.
- Identify opportunities and proactively encourage health promotion and health education to all patients.
- Assisting in the service delivery of new model that improve the health economy.
- Maintaining and developing clinical competence and knowledge of care delivery within urgent care settings, using both formal and informal training methods.
- Participating in regular performance review with the Head of Clinical Operations and/or Head of Patient Safety and Nursing.
- Maintaining a high clinical and professional standard at all times.
Who do you need to be?
To apply for this UCP role, you must have:
- Full HCPC registration
- Paramedic certificate
- 3 years post qualified
- Experience working in primary/urgent care
- Clear enhanced DBS check
- High standards of personal and professional conduct
- Ability to work in the EEC
Ideally, you will be competent at taking clinical history both face-to-face and over the phone. You’ll be able to spot red flags and perform physical exams where necessary. You’ll be a fantastic communicator, both written and verbal, as well as a great listener. Your organisation skills will be second to none and you’ll be comfortable managing your own workload.
Additionally, it would be desirable if you possessed a minor illness qualification or similar, a teaching and/or mentorship qualification, experience with decision-making software, experience with chronic conditions management and familiarity with internet healthcare resources.
More about the organisation
Our rapidly expanding client serves well over 1.5 million people across Hampshire, handling in excess of 15,000 patient contacts per month. Their service is provided from a brand-new contact centre in Whiteley and nine primary care centres (PCCs) across Hampshire on weekday evenings and weekends. The organisation also has a fleet of response cars for providing a service to patients in their own homes.
Apply with Medic Now today
Does this position sound perfect for you? Submit your application today or call our team on 01494 578 999 to find out more about the organisation and the role available.