Medic now are looking for a Paramedic with an interest in Sports Health to work ad hoc shifts with our client at a prestigious Educational Institution.
About the Role
- Candidate will be responsible for providing pitch side first aid and first line treatment for pupils and visiting pupils who may become injured during games practices and internal matches.
- Candidates will work closely and collaboratively with the school’s Sport team, Physiotherapists, Health Centre Nurses, Coaches, and Paramedics. You will be present at practice games and internal matches for rugby in order to provide first aid, or in the event of an emergency, Immediate Life Support until help arrives.
To apply for this role you must have at least one of the following;
- Experience of working in sports health, Accident and Emergency, Minor Injuries,
- Urgent Care or General Practice.
- School nursing
- Experience in assessment and management (minor illness/minor injury).
- High level of skill in assessing and managing injuries.
- Awareness of healthy lifestyle issues in general and sports health in particular.
- Confidence in working alone and managing own workload.
- Good decision making, communication and organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels.
- Good IT skills.
- Committed to self-directed development.
- Assertive, adaptable and flexible.
- An advocate for the needs and wellbeing of young people.
If you are interested in this role please get in touch now with a copy of your CV