Need passenger transport services for children / young people with special educational needs well as a small number of vulnerable adults.
Our client’s minibuses are all 16-seater and around half are tail-lift buses that can accommodate
wheelchairs which reduces the seating capacity. Buses are normally operated to the maximum practical capacity of 10-12 passengers plus passenger assistant(s) and driver.
Our client is looking for safe, reliable and consistent service for our service users ensuring the following:
Safe: The safety of each service user is of over-riding importance.
Reliable: Service users must arrive at the right location and on time.
Consistent: Minimising variations of drivers and passenger assistants
Staff work across two (2) sessions a day (morning and afternoon) with hours varying according to the route allocated. Some staff are required to work a single session for all or part of the normal working day. Most work is term time only. This split shift is usually 0730 – 0930 and 1430 – 1700. This allows for travel to and from base as well.
Staff are required on a consistent basis, as far as can reasonably be expected, in the interests of continuity of service for vulnerable service users.
Training / Qualifications
On general routes our Passenger Assistants are trained as a minimum to the following:
Training and experience in complex care – this will certainly help
- PATS (Passenger Assistant Training Scheme)
- First Aid & Anaphylaxis (including EpiPen) – Red Cross / St Johns Ambulance Certified, FAW.
- Child Protection / Safeguarding Vulnerable Persons
- Disability Awareness
- Dealing with Challenging Behaviour (aka Positive Handling)
- Manual Handling
- Health & Safety – Incident & Accident Reporting
- PATS Training
Our Specialist Healthcare Passenger Assistants are required to be trained / qualified to the following:
- Administration of Emergency Medication including Buccal Midazolam
- Severe Epilepsy Care
- Sign Language (BSL Certified)
- Suction Emergency Care; covers tracheostomy suctioning.
- Physical Intervention
- Other Specialist/Medical