Have you got experience working in Patient Transport Services in the United Kingdom? Are you on the hunt for a brand-new role within NHS Trusts or for private PTS providers?
Medic Now has a range of exciting opportunities for PTS crew members in various locations, including London, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshire and Hertfordshire.
What duties are involved?
As a member of this all-important crew, you’ll provide an invaluable transport service to patients in the local community, helping them gain access to hospitals and healthcare facilities and return home when their treatment has ended.
You’ll work with a range of specialist equipment, including wheelchairs, ramps, stretchers and oxygen tanks, and assist a variety of patients with attending appointments and non-urgent hospital visits.
Daily tasks for a PTS crew member include:
- Transporting patients to and from the hospital/clinic
- Moving and lifting patients
- Engaging and communicating with patients in a friendly manner, particularly those who may be nervous about appointments or live an isolated lifestyle
- Keeping accurate records of journey times
Are you the perfect fit for this role?
This position would really suit someone who has previous Patient Transport Services experience, with a fantastic bedside manner, a friendly disposition and the technical knowledge needed for a role of this nature.
Student Paramedics who are looking to work whilst studying will also be considered.
What are the requirements?
It is essential that you have:
- First Aid at Work certificate
- Moving and Handling certificate
- Medical Gasses training
- Clear enhanced DBS (or be willing to apply for one)
If you fit all of the above criteria, we’d love to hear from you! Apply for this role today or give our team a call on 01494 578 999 to find out more information.