Are you looking for an Emergency Care Practitioner roles that offer long-term rota lines, excellent rates of pay and flexible shift times?
Medic Now is working with a well-established urgent healthcare organisation to source Emergency Care Practitioner's for a Cornwall based role.
Here’s what you need to know about the role
Within this role, you’ll be utilising your existing skills and experience to provide an efficient integrated service to patients. Working in a Minor Injuries Units across Cornwall. You will deliver safe clinical decisions, take full medical histories, provide diagnoses and treatment, supply medication via PGDs and evaluate their care. Above all, as one of the client’s six core values, they really want you to enjoy what you do and have fun at work!
This role is located in various parts of Cornwell; weekend, evening and overnight shifts are available on a rota basis.
What will your key responsibilities be?
- Be accountable for your own professional actions, ensuring you recognise the need to seek support from a senior clinician.
- Assess undifferentiated patients with a range of acute, non-acute and chronic medical conditions.
- Take history, make appropriate physical examinations, formulate differential diagnoses and carry through management treatment plans.
- Refer and facilitate patient pathways through appropriate referrals to primary, community, secondary and tertiary care.
- Certificate of Minor Illness and Injuries is a must.
- HCPC Registration.
- Participate in regular performance review with the Head of Clinical Operations and/or Head of Patient Safety and Nursing.
Who do you need to be?
To apply for this ECP role, you must have:
- Full HCPC registration
- Paramedic certificate
- Hold a minor illness and injuries certificate
- 3 years post qualified
- Experience working in primary/urgent care
- Clear enhanced DBS check
- High standards of personal and professional conduct
Ideally, you will be competent at taking clinical history, perform physical examinations where necessary. You’ll be a fantastic communicator, both written and verbal, as well as a great listener. Your organisation skills will be second to none.
Apply with Medic Now today