Are you looking for an Emergency Care Practitioner role that offers long-term rota lines, excellent rates of pay and flexible shift times?
Medic Now is working with a well-established urgent healthcare organisation to source an Emergency Care Practitioner for a Hampshire-based role.
Here’s what you need to know about the role
Within this role, you’ll be utilising your existing skills and experience to provide an efficient integrated service to patients. Working independently with patients on a telephone and/or face-to-face basis, you’ll deliver safe clinical decisions, take full medical histories, provide diagnoses and treatment, supply medication via PGDs and evaluate their care. Above all, as one of the client’s six core values, they really want you to enjoy what you do and have fun at work!
This role is located in various parts of Hampshire; weekend, evening and overnight shifts are available.
What will your key responsibilities be?
- Be accountable for your own professional actions, ensuring you recognise the need to seek support from a senior clinician.
- Assess undifferentiated patients with a range of acute, non-acute and chronic medical conditions.
- Take history, make appropriate physical examinations, formulate differential diagnoses and carry through management treatment plans when working in a clinic or home visit environment.
- Formulate a management plan for the patient and/or work with other healthcare professionals (such as GPs or Pharmacists) if required to support diagnosis or next course of action.
- Refer and facilitate patient pathways through appropriate referrals to primary, community, secondary and tertiary care.
- Supply medication under the direction of PGDs when assessed as appropriate.
- Recognise the need for and initiate emergency treatment and refer to emergency services when appropriate.
- Undertake appropriate personal and professional development to meet the requirements of NMC/HCPC Registration.
- Participate in regular performance review with the Head of Clinical Operations and/or Head of Patient Safety and Nursing.
- Perform additional reasonable duties as directed by the business that are not explicitly stated in this job description.
Who do you need to be?
To apply for this ECP role, you must have:
- Full HCPC registration
- Paramedic certificate
- 3 years post qualified
- Experience working in primary
- Clear enhanced DBS check
- High standards of personal and professional conduct
Ideally, you will be competent at taking clinical history both face-to-face and over the phone. You’ll be able to spot red flags and perform physical exams where necessary. You’ll be a fantastic communicator, both written and verbal, as well as a great listener. Your organisation skills will be second to none and
Apply with Medic Now today
Does this position sound perfect for you? Submit your application today submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about the organisation and the role available.