Medicnow works with a variety of public and private sector healthcare clients and roles for Dispatchers have been requested by one of our respectable private clients in the south of England.
- South Godstone
Our client is a large private ambulance provider and they have numerous ad-hoc shifts: day and night shifts . This role is suitable for those with previous Patient Transport experience who have a fantastic bedside manner and technical knowledge of the role.
The role will require you to do the following:
- Transporting patients to and from hospital appointments (will include covid Patients)
- Moving and lifting patients
- Being friendly and engaging with patients who may be nervous about appointments, or live an isolated life
- Keeping accurate record of journey times
- Follow COVID protocols and PPE regulations at all times
- Cleaning down the vehicle and equipment after every patient transfer
It is essential you have:
- FREC 3 / First Aid at work certificate
- Moving and handling certificate
- Medical gasses training such as oxygen therapy
- Able to meet stringent pre-employment checks including, satisfactory references, enhanced DBS checks
- Provide proof of your covid vaccination status - This is a requirement to enable PTS staff to enter such establishments as nursing homes
What we offer as a company:
- Excellent hourly rate of pay on a weekly basis.
- An experienced clinical lead on hand for support.
- Free yearly training.
- Excellent referral scheme.
- Easily accessible online rotas to suit your availability.
About the role
The role involves responsibility for effective dispatching of the non-emergency patient transport service operation resources. This includes Prioritising, deploying and dispatching journeys to operational resources, ensuring appointment times are met. Liaise with call handlers regarding patient information e.g., mobility, conditions etc.
Full and part time hours available seven days a week, varied shifts and working patterns available
Applicants will have excellent Customer Service or Patient Facing Experience with meticulous attention to detail and a calm and responsible attitude. You will be a clear and articulate communicator and demonstrate a professional telephone manner.
Other Essential skills of the role include, but are not limited to;
If this sounds like you and you are looking for a role that is both challenging and rewarding, then we would love to hear from you.