Medicnow works with a variety of public and private sector healthcare clients and roles for Call Handler have been requested by one of our respectable private clients in the south of England.
Our client is a large private ambulance provider and they have numerous ad-hoc shifts: day and night shifts, full and part time hours available seven days a week, varied shifts and working patterns available
The role is based in a Contact Centre which is a single point of access for a number of contracts that relate to the provision of non-emergency patient transport. The Contact Centre receive telephone calls from a range of people, including patients, GP surgery staff, and other health care colleagues, and handles in excess of 250,000 calls per year. It is operational 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You will be responsible for effectively answering and logging all calls and requests for Non-emergency Patient Transport, ensuring accuracy of information is received and recorded.
Essential requirements include;
- Excellent communication skills, especially the ability to speak clearly over the telephone
- Customer Service experience
- Telephone and general administration experience
- Experience in use of IT systems and ability to input data accurately
- Ability to work calmly especially when under pressure
It is essential you have:
- Able to meet stringent pre-employment checks including, satisfactory references, enhanced DBS checks
What we offer as a company:
- Excellent hourly rate of pay on a weekly basis.
- An experienced clinical lead on hand for support.
- Free yearly training.
- Excellent referral scheme.
- Easily accessible online rotas to suit your availability.