MedicNow is currently recruiting for a 111 Health Advisor in Hampshire.
As a Health Advisor for the NHS 111 service, you’ll play a very important role as the first point of contact for NHS patients. A kind and empathetic person, you will be expected to take control and be accountable for the given situation, providing callers with respect and confidence in the 111 service.
You will be an integral team member, efficiently managing the initial patient call using diagnostic software and keeping patients informed of the call progress, whilst liaising with your duty team leader.
- Report in to the service manager and receive daily direction from them and the on-shift team leader
- Complete the initial assessments of the health and clinical needs for patients who contact the 111 service, using clinical decision-making software (full training provided)
- Utilise the clinical decision-making software to make appropriate and timely referrals to other services, such as the 999 ambulance service, GPs, in-house clinicians and hospitals
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of consultations and actions taken using computer software, in line with policies and procedures
- Adapt to each situation, using probing language to pull pertinent information from the patient or their carer
- Keep calm and empathetic when managing emotionally charged and/or potentially escalating situations
- Ensure all correspondence matters are efficiently processed
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable experience within roles where exemplar customer service was paramount is highly desirable, either face to face or via telephone.
- You must be able to work efficiently, ensuring the appropriate appointments are made within the targeted time frames.
- You must be authorised to work in the EEC.
Apply with MedicNow today